Public First Aid and CPR Training
The City of Athens Fire Department offers training to the public in CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and Basic 1st Aid. Our staff are trained instructors through The American Heart Association. After course completion, you will receive a certification card through AHA good for a two-year period.
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR Skills
- The use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillation).
- Adult, Child and Infant Foreign Airway obstruction (chocking).
1st Aid Training
- Scene Safety.
- Recognizing the emergency.
- Assessing the patient.
- Bleeding control.
- Fracture stabilization.
- Spinal immobilization.
- Head injuries (Concussions).
- Signs of strokes.
- Diabetic emergencies.
- Anaphylaxis emergencies.
- Signs of shock.
- Environmental emergencies. (Hypothermia, Hyperthermia).
If you or your group would like to schedule a class, please contact Deputy Fire Chief Office.
Deputy Fire Chief
Office :423-744-2761 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org